William A. Sangster has been assisting Corporations and small businesses since the 1970's. We have a great deal of personal experience with corporations and businesses.
At Sangster Law we offer a wide range of business and corporate services. Our services include:
- Business Law Consultation
- Business Sales and Purchases
- Annual Minute Book Updating
- Shareholder and Partnership Agreements
- General Business Services
Business Law Consultation
$250.00 + H.S.T.
$700 + H.S.T. and Disbursements
$2,000.00 + H.S.T. and Disbursements
Annual Minute Book Updating:
$50 + H.S.T. and Disbursements
General Business Services:
Depends on the service needed
Business Sales and Purchases:
Depends on the services needed
Business Law Advice
There are many ways in which we can help you limit your company's liability by simply giving you advice on how to structure your company, how to develop your company contracts, and how to avoid major pitfalls that some business fall into.
If you would like to schedule a business law advice meeting please call our office at 705-476-6600. Our fee is $250.00 for our initial business law consultation. After that it will be up to you to decide if you would still like our help.
General Business Services
If you own a business and you need help with various areas of your business, Sangster Law will be willing to help. This may include:
- Reviewing and drafting contracts that protect you and your company,
- Reviewing franchise agreements
- Assist in negotiating business deals.
If you would like our help in any other way please call our office and we will be happy to do what we can to assist you. We may be able to direct you in the right direction if we ourselves cannot help you.
Incorporating can be one of the best ways of protecting yourself from liability. There are also some drawbacks that must be considered. The positives of a corporation are:
- Corporations can protect your personal assets if you ever get into financial troubles. Beware that improper contracts, personal guarantees and other subtle actions can nullify your protection. One of us at Sangster Law can assist you in avoiding those pitfalls.
- A small business's corporate tax rate is much lower than personal tax rates.
- Owning shares of your corporation can make it easier to sell your business. You can sell your shares instead of selling each asset individually. This may save you a lot of taxes as well.
- Each corporation may be eligible for a capital gains exemption of up to $500,000.00 once you sell your shares of your company
Come speak with us to talk about whether an incorporation is right for your business. We generally charge a flat fee for incorporating your business as well as creating your corporate minute book.
Our fee for incorporations start at a base of $700.00 + H.S.T. and Disbursements.
Please call our office (705) 476-6600 if you have any questions.
Annual Minute Book Updating
If you decide to incorporate you will be required to update your minute book annually. There are certain requirements that directors and shareholders must do every year. Failing to keep your minute book updated may cost you a lot of money if the Canada Revenue Agency discovers updated minutes. You may also enter into trouble when you try to sell your corporation if you don't update your minute books.
We charge a relatively small fee for updating your minute books yearly. We also offer to store your minute books free of charge if you wish for us to do so.
Business Sales and Purchases
Selling and purchasing a business is very crucial. There are tax implications as well as liability implications when purchasing and selling a corporation or business. Sangster Law will help you through this transaction and will ensure that we look for any pitfalls that may harm you or your business.
We offer services:
- Drafting share purchase agreements
- Drafting Asset purchase agreements
- Assisting in the due diligence process
- Other assistance as is required.
Our fees for this work is dependent on how much assistance you need from our office. Please call our office if you have any questions about how we can help and what we charge.
Shareholder and Partnership Agreements
Shareholder and Partnership Agreements are a very important element of your business. Your company may be faced with:
- Personal or corporate bankruptcy
- Separation and Family Law issues
- Disputes among partners or shareholders
Shareholder and Partnership agreements are designed to protect you or your company if any of these issues arise.